FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many students are in each class?
Pre-Kindergarten = 15
Kindergarten = 28-30
Grades 1-8 = An average of 30-35 per class
What are the school hours?
The regular school schedule starts promptly at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. for Grades K - 8 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. School is dismissed at 2:00 p.m. every Wednesday.
Minimum day hours are 8:00 - 11:45 a.m. for grades K - 8 and 11:15 for Pre-Kindergarten.
Is there child care?
We are very proud of our Kids' Club facility. The facility is open from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. when school is in session. Costs for participation are as follows:
Hourly For 30+ hours per month: $6.00 per child
Hourly For less than 30 hours per month: $7.00 per child
Drop in Rate: $8.00 per child
Snack/Supply Fee per family: $55.00
There is a $70 registration fee for the per child before APRIL 6th. For registration after APRIL 6th it is $80 registration fee per child. For more information regarding our program, please call Kids' Club at 938-5114.
Is the junior high departmentalized?
Junior high grades are departmentalized and students have different teachers for Science, Social Studies, Math, Religion and English. In grade 6-8, there are two math sections. Grade 8 includes common core 8th grade math and an Algebra section for qualified students.
In addition to the standard academic classes, what other classes/resources are offered at St. Mary School?
Additional Activities Include:
- Students attend Mass and other church activities on a regular basis.
- All classes receive instruction in Spanish, Art Appreciation and Computers.
- A resource specialist is available to students.
- Motor development skills are offered to grades K, 1 and 2.
- Physical Education is taught twice a week to Grades 3 - 8.
- Seventh and 8th grade students take drawing classes.
- 8th grade students have electives once a week.
- Music is taught weekly by a music specialist.
- Middle School grades participate in Science Fair.
- Faith Families, which are typically comprised of one student in each grade level, meet at least once a week to celebrate our Catholic Faith through activities, prayer, song and outreach
- Junior Achievement is a parent volunteer program for Grades K-8 that educates young people to value free enterprise, business, and economics.
- Youth educators visit Grade 7.
- Field trips and guest speakers are offered throughout the school year.
- Technology club (grades 6-8) is offered after school.
- Drama/Musical Theater is a fee-based after-school program offered on the St. Mary School campus.
- After school enrichment programs are offered through our Kids' Club Program and vary throughout the year.
Are uniforms worn at St. Mary?
All students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 wear a uniform.